Saturday, January 1, 2011

My 2010 Country Music Midlife Crisis

Ah yes, 2010 was a quite a year. I turned 40 and drove my husband absolutely nuts with Country Music mishigas. As 2010 turns into 2011 I ask myself if I have indulged this midlife crisis enough.  My New Years resolutions this year include losing weight (yawn), getting organized (hah!), and working harder at my Judaica business (hmm).  My obsession with country music has caused me to lose ground in all of these areas. Reading country music news, stalking my favorite stars' tour schedules, exchanging tweets with similarly obsessed people, and updating my blog are sedentary and time consuming. I am considering retreating from crisis mode into normalcy, but am not ready to abandon this blog or stop badgering my friends to attend concerts with me.

I do have some country music related resolutions. I intend to pay more attention to emerging and less well known singer/songwriters. I'd also like to take a trip to Nashville for a short study on the history of country music, something I know little to nothing about.

Thanks for reading. Happy New Year!

My best and worst country music (and midlife crisis) related moment of 2010 was meeting Joe Nichols in Winston-Salem. I'm the one on the left. If you can't tell from the photo, I'm much too starstruck and tired at this moment to say anything intelligent or even pleasant to the man.  My cute friend in blue did manage to squeak out "We love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment