Friday, May 4, 2012

This Ole Boy or This Ole Boy?

When Blake Shelton hit the jackpot with "Who are You When I'm Not Looking" and it sounded so similar to the one Joe Nichols recorded years ago, I was mildly annoyed. If you follow this blog you know I have a bit of an obsession with Joe Nichols' voice.

I am not as frustrated with Craig Morgan's version of "This Ole Boy" making it to radio while Nichols' version languishes in album only status. Morgan's version exudes the bubblegum happiness makes a song like that thrive on the radio.  I prefer Nichol's deep, sleepy, more traditional take on it over Morgan's pop enthusiasm, but I'm probably in the minority in this case. Compare for yourself and let me know what you think.

You may need to close your eyes while playing the Craig Morgan video. Angie Harmon's effervescent performance is rather distracting.

Click to listent to


Craig Morgan's "This Ole Boy"


No comments:

Post a Comment