Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Merlefest, Part 4, Donna the Buffalo

Saturday morning we rolled out of our tent, made come coffee on the camp stove with my new and very posh peculator, and headed to the festival to catch the folky and eclectic Americana of Donna the Buffalo. Donna was one of the few bands I had heard of when I looked at the Merlefest lineup and I was looking forward to seeing them. They've been just on the edge of my radar screen for a while now, every once in a while appearing in a Pandora mix. I've always had the reaction of "Who is that? They're good!" I like Tara Nevin's voice and really like many of their lyrics. The song I most enjoyed on Saturday morning is the one they closed the show with, "No Place Like the Right Time", but I couldn't find a clear video of them performing it.

Donna the Buffalo were in the dance tent that night as well, so they began and ended my day. At one point during the performance they made much ado about someone coming on stage to perform with them but I couldn't see that side of the stage from where I was standing and had no idea who it was until until I found the following video. I was very disappointed that we had missed the Zac Brown Band on Thursday night. Friday, I could have sworn that I saw him walking around with his cap pulled down low but didn't image that he was hanging around on Saturday night. Apparently he was, and I still got to hear him.


Here is a link to a full Donna the Buffalo concert. I think it's pretty cool that they gave permission for someone put a full concert online. It actually has decent sound. Put in on while doing paperwork.

And here's the official video of their song "Locket and Key". I don't remember if they sang this song that morning but it's very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment